Thursday 29 August 2013

Versatility

Today is my turn over on the Clare Curd Crafts blog
 
With pennies not as free flowing as they once were I know I like to get as much mileage from my crafting materials as possible, and one of the things I look for is versatility in the products. Take the Carta Bella - Well Travelled 6x6 paper pad, as soon as I saw it I liked it, and my first impression was how masculine it was, but after looking through it I discovered there are in fact some very useful papers in there.
 
 
I've previously used this paper collection and made a very manly card and a boyish mixed media hanging, but today I thought I'd show you just how versatile this paper pad really is.
 
 
The black and cream papers are from the Well travelled collection, and to contrast with these I wanted something totally different in both colour and pattern, so I took a plain piece of white copy paper and made my own sheet of patterned paper using Dylusion sprays in Dirty Martini and London Blue I sprayed through a paper doily to get the lacy effect.
I stamped and cut out my main focal image, a very old stamp, in fact it's the very first rubber stamp I ever bought a good 10 years ago, and it's still a firm favourite of mine. I mounted this onto black card, as I did with all the other layers.

 
 
The flower is one I made from the sprayed paper, just cut a rough circle and then cut a spiral into it. Then from the outside edge of the spiral roll the strip all the way to the centre, then secure with adhesive. Roll some of the edges back to get some texture, then add a black gem to the centre of the flower. The frill is in fact a piece of the doily I sprayed through. 
 
Once everything was mounted up I stuck it to a 6x6 white card base.
 
 
~~~~~~
 
Just to show how versatile this paper pad really is I then went on to make a quick and simple Christmas gift tag
 

 
So crafting need not be expensive if you shop wisely and buy products that will see you through the whole year.


8 comments:

  1. Two very lovely projects, love the papers. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the card is fabulous....really love the colours you've used against the black & white background. Great thought to ink through a doily....must try that sometime x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful projects.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. There both gorgeous the card is beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. very pretty, I especially love the pop of sea colours with the black and white.


    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful projects, love the card, it is amazing, the tag also hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two fabulous projects, love how you've designed your own paper too with the Dylusion spray

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both fabulous makes, I love the colours you have used and the layouts on both the tag and the card are gorgeous
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete