Thursday 22 August 2013

DT Thursday

Good morning :)
 
Today is my turn over on the Clare Curd Crafts blog

 
I loved the Carta Bella - Well Travelled Collection paper pad as soon as I saw it, such a great collection of really useful papers, and that is what I used on my card and gift bag I'm sharing today.
 
 
 
-I started off making a card 6x6 card base from a sheet of black card from my stash. Then after deciding which of the lovely Carta Bella papers I was going to use I then decided on my layout.
 
- I stamped the motor bike, from the Crafty Expressions EXPLORE set and distressed and inked the edges, this then led the way for the overall look of the card, rough, ready and masculine.
 
 
 
-  all the edges of the patterned papers were also distressed and inked, I tore into my main patterned paper and rolled the edges back and put a contrasting piece of paper behind, then matted all my pieces onto black card.
 
 
- in the paper pad there is a sheet that has little quotes and saying on it, I cut one of these out and attached it off to the side of the card. I also made little tabs, rounded the ends with a corner rounder punch and attached them with eyelets. Little details like these add interest to a card.
 
 
- now mount everything onto you base card and we're done. Now onto the gift bag.
 
 
- this was so simple to make as I already had a pile of brown paper bags in my stash, but you could just as easily make a bag.
 
-I stamped the motor bike out and cut the piece into a tag shape, then made a second tag with some black card and some off cuts of paper left from the card. I attached these together with another little tab.
 
- I made a decorative strip for the bottom of the bag, again using off cuts.
 
- all that is left to do now is decide how you are going to close your bag. I decided to roll the top over a couple of time, punch a hole and then thread a piece of ball chain through my tag and the bag, so when the chain is closed it holds the bag shut.
 
 
 
Items used from Clare Curd Crafts
 


 
 
 
 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. fantastic card & gift bag, really great backing papers, great design xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card and bag, great detail on the card, and as you say, the papers are great

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fabulous Deb, I love the papers and your designs are gorgeous.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete